Welcome!

Welcome to my A Level Media Blog. My name is Joshua Brooks [0110] and for this project I am working in Group 5 with Vivian Oparah [0621], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Louis Caldwell [0131]. Under the heading 'Labels' of the left hand side of the page, you are able to filter post from the project's various stages of production. At the bottom of the page is a link to older posts also. Click the link listed below for Group 5's Facebook page, which contains evidence of production work from throughout the project. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy the rest of my blog!

NTLS Final Music Video


NTLS Final Music Video

NTLS Final Digipak

NTLS Final Digipak
NTLS Final Digipak [Right click to open larger image in new window]

NTLS Final Website

NTLS Final Website
NTLS Final Website [Right click on the image to open the website in a new window]

Twitter

View our Group Twitter page here:

https://twitter.com/NTLSmusic

Facebook

View our Group Facebook group, which we used to administrate the project, here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538872199681204/?fref=ts

11 Jun 2014

The 1975 'Girls' Music Video Remake - Personal Achievement

What do you personally want to get out of the whole A2 prelim experience?
I feel that this exercise is an opportunity for me to discover how the industry and process of professional film works. Recently I've been a lot more interested in film and the media as a future career prospect, and I currently do not have any experience of working on a fully functional set film set (although I have worked in photography studios on similar projects). Hopefully this should be a really good way of getting to know how it all works and also to gain some knowledge of this area of media, as again I have no previous experience of it as of now. 


Is it a challenge for you or within your comfort zone?
I know for a fact that it'll be challenging to act in front of a camera in front of a large audience as this is one of my main insecurities (most people who know me will find this surprising I'm sure). However I feel that the process could be really beneficial to me and it should be really fun from what I have heard from people who have worked on similar projects. Other than that I don't feel that the project should be too challenging, as although I haven't worked on a film set before, I know most of the theory behind it and so it shouldn't be too hard to apply. 

Have you achieved/learnt anything so far?
Everything I have learnt so far has been about acting and the process of making a music video specifically. With the crash course in basic drama skills the two classes took part in prior to filming the video, I learnt a lot about how to appear articulate on camera and how acting in front of an audience was. As for the making and editing of the music video, although obvious now, it never occurred to me to sync the footage on separate tracks before editing, so that was new to me. Hopefully I should learn more as we progress with the project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment