Welcome!

Welcome to my A Level Media Blog. My name is Joshua Brooks [0110] and for this project I am working in Group 5 with Vivian Oparah [0621], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Louis Caldwell [0131]. Under the heading 'Labels' of the left hand side of the page, you are able to filter post from the project's various stages of production. At the bottom of the page is a link to older posts also. Click the link listed below for Group 5's Facebook page, which contains evidence of production work from throughout the project. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy the rest of my blog!

NTLS Final Music Video


NTLS Final Music Video

NTLS Final Digipak

NTLS Final Digipak
NTLS Final Digipak [Right click to open larger image in new window]

NTLS Final Website

NTLS Final Website
NTLS Final Website [Right click on the image to open the website in a new window]

Twitter

View our Group Twitter page here:

https://twitter.com/NTLSmusic

Facebook

View our Group Facebook group, which we used to administrate the project, here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538872199681204/?fref=ts

15 Sept 2014

Individual Research - Music Videos Of Interest


The YouTube link is a collection of videos from which I am taking inspiration or just like generally. Seeing as there are quite a few, below is a selection of interesting shots from my favourite videos, or aesthetics of videos which I find visually pleasing. 

TITLES



This style of editing the titles to the beat of the music is really appealing to me. The white text on dark video footage works really well. I would say I prefer the 'Klapp Klapp' GIF, as the font is more stylised and works better with the genre and style of the music video. This is something to bear in mind if / when I use this in my music video.  

ZHU - FADED




These two clips from the music video are GIFs in themselves. I really like the way that the clip plays and then reverses in time with the strobe light effect to give a really cool image. This effect would due really good at capturing the atmosphere at a club or rave scene, which would be good for the dance tracks I have selected.


This slow zoom in isn't a particularly hard shot, but I think that the way the rest of the frame is pitch black is really pretty and looks so good on camera. I like the idea of using darkness illuminated by a single light source, and this could be a style used in my music video. 

THE NAKED AND FAMOUS - YOUNG BLOOD 


This clip represents a theme I'd like to recreate more than a shot. Generally messing about, chaos and mindless destruction of objects can look really cool, especially in slow motion so I'd like to see if I can recreate that.

 

The shots in the dark with minimal lighting are ones in which I think would look amazing, especially in high definition. They add a disorientating and quirky feel to the music video, and I think they would look really good along with the other styles and ideas I plan to use. 


This slow motion style, recording skateboarding or other similar activities is a must have in my video. I just think that the style and way they look when put to music is too good not to use. The setting also has a lot to do with how good the shot turns out, so I'll have to take into consideration where I film the music video.

THE PHARCYDE - DROP




These reversed shots are amazing. I love the way they defy physics, especially the shot containing the water. Generally messing about is a theme of this music video, and I like how the public react in the video to the characters taking their clothes off. I will use something to this effect in my video definitely, using natural public reactions or something similar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment