Welcome!

Welcome to my A Level Media Blog. My name is Joshua Brooks [0110] and for this project I am working in Group 5 with Vivian Oparah [0621], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Louis Caldwell [0131]. Under the heading 'Labels' of the left hand side of the page, you are able to filter post from the project's various stages of production. At the bottom of the page is a link to older posts also. Click the link listed below for Group 5's Facebook page, which contains evidence of production work from throughout the project. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy the rest of my blog!

NTLS Final Music Video


NTLS Final Music Video

NTLS Final Digipak

NTLS Final Digipak
NTLS Final Digipak [Right click to open larger image in new window]

NTLS Final Website

NTLS Final Website
NTLS Final Website [Right click on the image to open the website in a new window]

Twitter

View our Group Twitter page here:

https://twitter.com/NTLSmusic

Facebook

View our Group Facebook group, which we used to administrate the project, here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538872199681204/?fref=ts

14 Sept 2014

Individual Research - My Ideas

Genres Of Interest

  • Dance - This genre is the one I have the most ideas for, however they are the most ambitious of the ones I currently have. I think dance would be a difficult genre to make a music video for but If done well could look amazing.
  • Indie Rock - Indie Rock has a lot of potential for a music video, but would require a solid performance from the band and a good track in order to make the music video enjoyable to watch
  • Drum and Bass - This is a genre which again could be really fun to shoot a music video for, but again I have quite ambitious ideas for singles of this genre I have come across which could prove difficult to film on our budget. 
  • Alternative - The Alternative genre is one which I already have a large knowledge of for music videos as this is the genre I listen most. However, I would prefer to see if any of my other ideas are possible before pursuing with this genre as I feel the ideas I have are generic and have been done many times before so it's more of a back-up.  


Suitable Tracks For The Single






1. Phantogram - Don't Move
This track is really upbeat song and I like it a lot. I imagine the music video to involve a lot of slow motion shots of people generally messing about, either on bicycles, skateboards, scooters or running. Other ideas that immediately come to mind are sunsets and parks, teenagers, laughing and dancing.












2. Alpine - Gasoline
This track is also quite upbeat, but brings to mind psychedelic images (kaleidoscopes etc). I would imagine a video for this to also contain a lot of slow motion shots of bicycles/skateboards/roller-skates but I get a more serious feel with this song. I doesn't have the same messing about and happy vibe that 'Phantogram - Don't Move' did. Images that come to mind are close up shots of serious expressions, sunrise/sunset, long roads, no people about. 

3. Movement - Us
Immediately the pace of the song slows down the frame rate for me. When listening to this song I get images of water, floating and a really relaxed atmosphere. Again it has a much more serious tone, maybe even a narrative can be used, especially with the lyrics of the song "Did you believe in us? / Did you believe you believe in trust? / Cause I’ve been thinking it over / And you’re aware that I want you." indicating a relationship of some kind. Anger, dark tones, ultra slow-mo, art house.


4. A Tribe Called Red - Electric Pow Wow Drum
This is the track for which I have the most ambitious idea. The tribal theme is what makes this song I think, so it would only make sense to include tribal references in the video. I thought it would be an idea to make people in the video wear tribal mask, whilst filming them doing various things. The chaotic tone of the song also makes me think of times when injuries or accidents are filmed in slow motion. I am undecided as to how alternating between party scenes and the scenes described above.




5. A Tribe Called Red - Sisters
This track has a more chaotic feel to it that the previous track. Again tribal/club images immediately spring to mind. The build ups within the song could also be played with visually. There is a possibility to have a really fast paced narrative, destruction and chaos, flares and running down the street knocking people over, handheld cam, people in tribal masks, and as the build up begins slow the footage down. When the beat drops, a club/party scene would be shown, and the video could alternate between the two scenes. 


6. Kove - Love For You
This song, even though a dance track, gave me the idea for a narrative style music video. As the song builds up within the first 30 seconds, a short narrative could take place, involving a couple fighting or breaking up, getting to the chorus where the song starts. I have an idea in my head of destruction and a person being really angry, especially with the lyrics "Cause I need you / I want you / Everyday I gotta have you". Either the person in the relationship has discovered something they are upset about or is still upset about a breakup.


No comments:

Post a Comment