Welcome!

Welcome to my A Level Media Blog. My name is Joshua Brooks [0110] and for this project I am working in Group 5 with Vivian Oparah [0621], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Louis Caldwell [0131]. Under the heading 'Labels' of the left hand side of the page, you are able to filter post from the project's various stages of production. At the bottom of the page is a link to older posts also. Click the link listed below for Group 5's Facebook page, which contains evidence of production work from throughout the project. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you enjoy the rest of my blog!

NTLS Final Music Video


NTLS Final Music Video

NTLS Final Digipak

NTLS Final Digipak
NTLS Final Digipak [Right click to open larger image in new window]

NTLS Final Website

NTLS Final Website
NTLS Final Website [Right click on the image to open the website in a new window]

Twitter

View our Group Twitter page here:

https://twitter.com/NTLSmusic

Facebook

View our Group Facebook group, which we used to administrate the project, here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1538872199681204/?fref=ts

6 Sept 2014

Individual Research - My Music Consumption

Listening to music has always been a huge part of my day to day life, and I'd go as far to say it's a necessity of mine to listen to music regularly. I don't have a set routine of listening to music and pretty much listen to it when I can, but it tends to be I listen to music the most when I'm alone as a way of escaping. I don't have a favorite genre of music either really. Working and exercising I listen to a lot of music to focus myself, but what I'm doing doesn't affect what I listen to, as long as it's music I like. Aside from listening to music during leisure activities, I also like listening to music as a social activity, either at parties or events. In my opinion, all music is better when played out loud, compared to listening to it using headphones and at a high volume, although this does depend on the quality of the sound system. The music genre is affected when it's a social occasion as it's tailored to the people I'm with and their music choices also, not just my own.

Meaningful Songs - Childhood
I think the reason that my music taste is so varied is because I was brought up listening to such a wide range of genres, from reggae to old school RnB and also classic house. Creamfields and Bob Marley records were always played at my parents parties and occasionally on long drives, and seem to be the artists who stick in my memory the most, probably as they were the only choice of CDs and iPod technology was recent and expensive at the time. My favorite song though would have to be Playgroup '50 Ways To Leave Your Lover', purely because I still listen to it regularly 10 years down the line.


Meaningful Songs - Early Teens 
Early teens I began creating my own collection of music rather than just picking up stuff my parents had listened to. Gorillaz and Muse I remember as being some of the artists I listened to most, but I think that Amy Winehouse's track 'He Can Only Hold Her' was one of my favorites off her album 'Back to Black' which is still one of my favorite albums to date. It again reminds me of car journeys, singing along

Meaningful Songs - Now
This is a really hard choice, purely because I get addicted to listening to songs and artists and have them on repeat or playlists constantly for weeks at a time, so how meaningful  a song is bias to the time of the question. Jungle, Band of Skulls, AlunaGeorge, Lewis Watson, Southern, the list is (pretty much) endless. I also tend to only have a favourite artists at one time, rather than a favourite song, but I'd have to say the track and artist I listen to most, regardless, is Hocus Pocus by Jamie T, and he's hands down one of all time favourite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment